Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Summer Drinks


These are a few of the drinks I've been enjoying this summer.

Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy. It's like a lemonade beer. But in a good way.

Cave Creek Chili Beer. My new Uncle brought it back for me from Wisconsin. It's a lager with a chili pepper floating in it. It's got quite a kick. Most people drink it with tomato juice, but I personally don't like red beers. Both beers are great in the heat.

All of the Celestial seasonings fruit tea sampler flavors are good iced. They don't need a lot of sweetening either. I've been adding a 1/2 c of the corresponding juice to each quart of iced tea to sweeten. There are enough tea bags of each flavor to brew a quart. Raspberry zinger, country peach passion, cranberry apple zinger, tangerine orange zinger, black cherry berry. Another variation is to replace some of the water with mineral water. It makes a nice fizzy drink. I got my fruit tea sampler at Target.


No comments: