Saturday, July 12, 2008

Creamy Balsamic Dressing


This is still a bit of a recipe in progress. I haven't decided if I'm completely happy with this or not. I hate oily vignettes. I've tried other ways of lightening up dressings (chicken broth, etc.) and haven't been that happy with the outcome. I do like adding yogurt however. It just gives you a creamier vinaigrette. This recipe yields a very strong vinaigrette with an unappetizing color. I don't care that much about the color, but some people might. The fact that any of my food ends up looking good at all is amazing to me. I hate taking an extra effort to make things look good. I care mostly about taste. Since this is strong I just use a little less.


Creamy Balsamic Dressing


INGREDIENTS

2 T olive oil

2 T yogurt

1 T balsamic vinegar

1 to 1 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard (I can't remember how much I used)

1/2 small clove of garlic mashed to a paste with 1/8 tsp salt

pinch of ground pepper

Optional herbs chives, parsley, thyme, or basil (I used a little of each)


Blend all of the ingredients with an immersion blender (or a blender or a food processor, or whisk by hand)

No comments: