Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Bleu Cheese Steak


I honestly don't cook that many steaks. I'm a bit intimidated by the many cuts of steak and I don't have the strong steak craving that most men seem to have. When I do make steaks, this is the only way I cook them. They are is sooooo good this way. The first time I made it I was just grilling for myself. I found myself gesturing toward the steak and making Mmmmmm noises to myself. I use chives in this recipe because I grow them in my herb garden. Either chives or green onion tops are fine.

BLEU CHEESE STEAK

4 steaks

4 oz bleu cheese, crumbled

¼ cup sliced green onion tops (or chives)

Mix bleu cheese and green onions (chives). Season steak with salt and pepper steak. Grill one side and flip. Spread cheese and onion mixture on steak and close lid. This chart has the total cooking time for both sides.

Listed in this order: medium-rare (145 degrees), medium (160 degrees) ,well-done (170 degrees)

1-inch thick steaks: 6-7 minutes ,7-9 minutes, 9-11 minutes

1 1/2-inch thick steaks: 10-12 minutes, 12-15 minutes, 15-19 minutes

2-inch thick steaks: 15-17 minutes, 17-19 minutes, 19-22 minutes

No comments: