Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Jerusalem Sandwich



Those of you from the Bismarck area might remember the Green Earth Cafe. They served a Jerusalem Sandwich and I've tried to recreate it. I had written that you should serve this on Pumpernickel. I don't know if that was the way the Green Earth served it, or if it was just how I ordered it. I have found, however, that I prefer it on whole wheat. I have to give a shout out to Sandi for introducing me to this yummy sandwich. The filling makes enough for one and a half sandwiches. I just made one fat sandwich instead.


Jerusalem Sandwich

INGREDIENTS

2-3 T chopped or sliced black olives

3 T cream cheese

2 T chopped walnuts

2 T chopped dates

sprouts

Two (or three) slices of bread.


Mix the olives, walnuts, dates, and cream cheese. Spread the mixture on one slice of the bread. Top with sprouts and the other slice of bread.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

THANK YOU ! Thank you for posting the recipe. I lived in Bismarck over 10 years ago and while I was there I always made a point to go the the Green Earth Cafe 2x a week for this sandwich! Since then I have moved to Colorado and Arkansas, I have told many people about this delish meatless sandwich to die for.
Thank you again!

Anonymous said...

My brother Tom Abe went there several years ago and really enjoyed this sandwich, I knew about it living in Chicago where we’re from many many years ago, at his funeral I made this sandwich during the overnight wake song with strawberry walnut feta salad he loved. We’re going back to the ND to visit family, we’re having a potluck, and these will d made in honor is him 🙌