Saturday, March 15, 2008

Breakfast Cookies



I thought these were terrible. Not cutting the sugar in half might have helped them. However, my mom loved these breakfast cookies. So, I'm posting this recipe at her request so she can make them in Alaska. If you want to try them, I think adding all the sugar is a good idea. This recipe is from Everyday Foods.


OATMEAL-ALMOND CRISPS

INGREDIENTS

1/3 C packed brown sugar (I used 2 T + 2 tsp brown sugar)

1/4 C (1/2 stick)butter, melted (I used 2 T oil and 2T melted butter)

1 large egg

1/2 tsp vanilla extract (or almond extract)

1 1/2 C rolled oats

1/2 C sliced almonds (or sunflower seeds or a mixture)

nonstick cooking spray


1. Preheat oven to 350. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.

2. In a large bowl, whisk brown sugar, butter, egg and vanilla until smooth. Mix in oats and almonds.

3. Drop mixture by level tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets, spacing about 2-inches apart. Spray the underside of a spatula with cooking spray, and use to flatten cookies into 2 1/2-inch disks.

4. Bake until golden, 14 to 16 minutes. Cool completely on baking sheets. (Handle with care; cookies are fragile.)

No comments: