Saturday, May 31, 2008

Grill Pan for a Burger



Woo hoo. I finally got the Bar and Grill open for business. (For those of you not in the know, that means I got the screened in patio ready for the season.) You can expect a ton of grill and barbecue recipes, because I live on the grill in the summer. When I make burgers, I make onions, mushrooms and peppers to go on top of them. I toss the veggies in oil, add salt and pepper and then cook them along side my burger in a grill pan. Today's burger was a hamburger with Swiss, topped with onions, pepper, and mushroom served on a homemade part whole wheat rye bun. (I'm still working on the rye recipe.) Hamburgers are 4 1/2 -5 minutes per side for medium and 5-6 minutes per side for well done. Medium is relatively safe if you ground your own meat. If you got your hamburger from a store, then well done it is.
*I lied. The FDA says you can eat ground meat at 160.

No comments: