Thursday, June 19, 2008

Vanilla Frozen Yogurt


This is really good. It has the extra tartness of homemade yogurt and sweetness from the sugar. I found this recipe for frozen yogurt which was based on this recipe which came from Dave Lebovitz's cookbook "The Perfect Scoop". And so on, and so on, and schoo be do be do be. On my first attempt, I drained my 1% skim milk yogurt before I made it into frozen yogurt. That turned out to be a bad idea. With homemade yogurt, strained yogurt turns out to be very thick. It's almost like cream cheese. The way ice cream makers work is as the ice cream freezes and becomes more solid, it moves to the middle of the machine. The yogurt cheese was so thick it moved to the middle of the machine instantly. My second attempt was successful. I used whole milk homemade yogurt. I may strain the yogurt slightly next time since it didn't' scoop well. It was easy to scoop, but it didn't hold a shape. I'll update this if I come up with a better method. If you are starting with store bought yogurt you should check out the other recipes in the links for suggestions. I plan to serve mine with grilled fruit.


VANILLA FROZEN YOGURT

INGREDIENTS

3 c yogurt

3/4 c sugar

1 tsp vanilla


Whisk ingredients together and freeze as directed in an ice cream maker.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brownsville TV Installation said...

Good sshare