Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Sichuan chile sauce

This spicy sauce is my staple for making stir fry. If you've had stir fry at my house, odds are this was the sauce. Chili and garlic sauce is in the Asian food isle of the supermarket. Add a little to any stir fry sauce to make it spicy. I doubled the original Sichuan sauce recipe because I didn't think it made enough. This recipe is from America's Test Kitchen.

SICHUAN CHILE SAUCE FOR STIR FRY


INGREDIENTS

6 T dry sherry (I used white wine because I don't keep sherry on hand)

4 T chicken broth

3 T soy sauce

2 T Asian sesame oil

2 T chili paste (I used more)

1 T cornstarch

½ tsp toasted and ground Sichuan peppercorns (I used black pepper because I didn’t have Sichuan)

½ tsp sugar

Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and set aside. Add at the end of the stir fry.

No comments: