Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Edna's Chocolate Sauce

This is another of my Grandma Owens's recipes. I've had other people tell me that I seem to be missing some ingredients, although they couldn't remember what the ingredients were exactly. If anyone knows, let me know. The recipe works fine as written here. This chocolate sauce is something you can just whip up when you want a fun family snack. It gets almost a chewy consistency when poured over ice cream. The ice cream will melt quickly, so be ready to eat. It has a similar taste to Grandma Eva Anderson's chocolate icing. (to be blogged later) So, those of you who know that recipe might like to try this quicker option over ice cream. I don't think this sauce would keep very well. However, I don't really know because my Mom won't permit any chocolate sauce leftovers.

EDNA'S CHOCOLATE SAUCE

INGREDIENTS

1 cup sugar

1 T flour

1 T cocoa powder

Dash salt

1/4 c milk (or enough to just make a liquid)


Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan. Heat in sauce pan over a medium heat until it comes to a rolling boil. Cool the sauce somewhat. Pour over ice cream.

No comments: