Sunday, February 24, 2008

Janet's Sour Cream and Cheese Baked Fish


This is a great way to make healthy fish unhealthy. But, this is oh so tasty. This fish recipe is yet another of my childhood favorites. I've updated the recipe a mite. I replaced the sour cream with yogurt cheese, I replaced the bread crumbs with panko bread crumbs and I added another 1/2 tsp of salt. I mix some salt with the yogurt and some with the bread crumbs. I had to turn on the broiler at the end of the baking to brown the bread crumbs. My mom and I think it almost as good as the sour cream version with far less calories.

JANET'S SOUR CREAM AND CHEESE BAKED FISH


INGREDIENTS

1/4 cup flour

1/2 tsp salt ( I use 1 tsp)

1/4 tsp pepper

2 lbs ocean perch fillets

2 T butter

1/2 cup finely chopped onion

3 T lemon juice

1/2 cup minced parsley

1 cup sour cream (I use yogurt cheese)

1/2 cup shredded American cheese (I use extra sharp cheddar)

1/4-cup bread crumbs


Combine flour, salt, and pepper. Coat the fillets with the flour mixture. Place the fish in buttered 11 x 8-inch baking dish. Melt butter in a saute pan; saute onion until tender. Remove from heat. Mix in the lemon juice, parsley, sour cream and cheese. Spread the sour cream mixture on top of the fish. Sprinkle the bread crumbs on top of the sour cream mixture. Bake at 375 for 30 to 40 minutes.

No comments: