Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Edna's Rhubarb Custard Pie



I got this recipe from Stacia who told me it had been my Grandma Edna's recipe. When Kristy made this pie (and took the picture) recently, there was indeed too much pie filling as I had suspected. Kristy and I think you should make the recipe for the 8-inch pie filling for a 9-inch pie. Kristy thinks that they may have changed the size of the pie plates to make them shallower in recent years.


Edna's Rhubarb Custard Pie

INGREDIENTS (8-inch pie)

1 8-inch pie shell + pie dough for lattice crust (optional)

1 1/2 c sugar

3 eggs

2 T flour

1/2 c cream

3 c rhubarb


INGREDIENTS (9-inch pie)

1 9-inch pie shell + pie dough for lattice crust (optional)

2 c sugar

4 eggs

2 T flour

2/3 c cream

4 c rhubarb


Mix all the ingredients and pour into pie shell. Make a lattice top. Bake 1 hour at 350.

No comments: